What’s lemony, sweet and full of rum? My Drunken Lemon Bread! While this recipe is called bread, this 21+ dessert is melt-in-your-mouth delicious and full of tangy flavor. The perfect summer #YOLO dessert. What’s better than carbs and booze, am I right? Summer is flying by and it seems like in the blink of an eye July is here.
I want to introduce a new Thirsty Thursday series, diving into some of my favorite boozy desserts. This one takes some time, but it’s definitely worth it. Drunken Lemon Bread is a fun addition to any adult summer party you are hosting, it’s sure to wow a crowd with it’s stunning presentation and also pack a punch with it’s boozy lemon glaze.
Grab your favorite tea, craft beer or glass of wine and let’s get into it.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon lemon zest (Sometimes I sub 1 tablespoon lemon for orange to switch it up)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup icing sugar sifted
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3oz rum
- Preheat oven to 350℉
- Grease (use a non-stick spray) a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder, soda, and salt together. Mix zest in. Set aside for later.
- In another mixing bowl beat butter on medium speed for 2-3 minutes.
- Gradually add the sugar and continue beating for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Make sure it’s mixed thoroughly
- Add lemon juice. The batter may start to curdle, that’s normal.
- Alternate addition of flour and milk. Mix on low speed until just combined.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60-75 minutes until golden and cake tester comes out clean.
- Transfer pan to a rack and cool for about 10 minutes.
- Lemon Glaze: Whisk together lemon juice, rum and icing sugar. Use a toothpick, poke some holes in the loaf. Brush glaze over warm loaf, enjoy responsibly!
Make sure you leave a comment below telling me what you think, Pin the recipe for later and share with a friend!