This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Carando®. All opinions are entirely my own.
With fall in full swing I’m sharing one of my favorite simple weeknight meals that my kids absolutely love! I’ve been working 12 hours for the last few nights and this recipe was a lifesaver. With just a few ingredients you can transform an ordinary meal into something that will have your kids begging for more! My famous (in my household) Meatball Mac-n-Cheese is something you can add to your weekly meal round up and, with only a few ingredients, it’s a great meal if you’re on a budget too. Carando Meatballs add so much flavor to this already delicious homemade mac-n-cheese recipe. Whether you are searching for your family’s new favorite casserole, a hearty new mac-n-cheese recipe or you’re just looking for something new to try that your kids won’t fight with you about- make sure you give this Easy Weeknight Meatball Mac-N-Cheese a go!
I know you are busy so let’s get started!
- Carando Meatballs- Abruzzese 12 pk. 16 oz. (Click here for a $1 off coupon today!)
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (7 ounces)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 cup shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- Cook Carando Meatballs as directed on the packaging.
- Start by heating the oven to 350ºF.
- Cook macaroni as directed on packaging
- While you are cooking macaroni, melt your butter in medium saucepan over low heat. Mix in flour and stir, add salt, add pepper, add mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Continue cooking over medium-low heat while stirring until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Remove cheese mixture from heat. Add in milk to mixture and stir. Then heat to boiling, stirring constantly for 1 minute while boiling. Add in cheese. Turn heat down to medium-low and continue stirring until cheese is mixed in and completely smooth.
- Drain the macaroni and gently fold cheese sauce in to the macaroni and stir until combined. Pour into un-greased casserole dish. Add meatballs on top, or you can cut them up and mix in if you wish. (I found my older kids like them better whole, but younger kids it’s best to cut up.) Bake uncovered 10 minutes or until bubbly.
This recipe was inspired by an opportunity with Carando Meatballs, while this post is sponsored they have been a product I’ve used for years. My family loves how flavorful they are, and I’ve found using them on our pasta and subs elevates the dish every time!
Carando has two different varieties that are available at my local Giant Eagle, my family loves the Abruzzese style Meatballs and they also make a Sicilian variety as well. The classic Italian flavor is the perfect addition to a variety of meals so we always pick up a few packs each week. My family loves adding these into our spaghetti, or creating a meatball sub with them. Cooking them couldn’t be easier and let’s face it creating a delicious meatball requires some thought, some work and some cleanup. With Carando, I’m able to save a lot of time without jeopardizing the quality.
What are your favorite ways to use meatballs in weeknight meals? Share them below and don’t forget to visit this page to get your $1 coupon for Carando Meatballs! https://ecoupons.gianteagle.com/detail.aspx?id=20006027
P.S. Like the recipe? Share with friends and make sure you Pin It for later as well!