Happy Wednesday, pretties! We have some exciting things in store for today’s post. First we are going to dive into my favorite vegan cupcake recipe, this decadent red velvet cake that’s topped with my favorite vegan buttercream frosting. These cupcakes are delicious, festive and easy to make. These festive vegan cupcakes are perfect for your St. Patrick’s Day shenanigans- make sure you pin this post for later!
Vegan Buttercream Frosting
Using a stand mixer or hand beaters, whip the margarine until fluffy.
Slowly add in the icing sugar until it’s combined well.
Add in your mint
You can also use liquid spirulina to color it green. If it’s not quiet whipping up you can add in the rice milk. Store in a refrigerator until you are ready to use.
Vegan Red Velvet Cupcakes
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring (I like this ONE)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon chocolate extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake pans with liners.
- Stir together the coconut milk and vinegar and set aside to curdle.
- Sift the dry ingredients flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a bowl and mix.
- Add the oil, food coloring, chocolate extract, Vanilla extract and almond extract to the curdled coconut milk. Whisk well to combine.
- Make well in center of dry ingredients and gently fold wet ingredients into dry, mixing until large lumps disappear.
- Do not over mix, or your cupcakes will turn out gummy – small lumps are okay.
- Fill cupcake liners about three-quarters full as these cupcakes will rise fairly high.
- Put in oven and bake 20 minutes until done check with toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool cupcakes in the pan and then transfer to a cooling rack or surface to cool totally.
Now that you have these delicious, festive vegan cupcakes it’s time to try your luck with our newest cash giveaway. This giveaway has been brought to you by some incredible bloggers. It’s open WW and the winner will get cold hard cash to celebrate the luck of the Irish. Enter to win by using the Rafflecopter widget below
a Rafflecopter giveaway