We outdid ourselves this time with this easy-as-pie Spiked Summer Shortcake recipe. It’s boozy, sweet and perfect for Summertime! Summer evenings is meant to entertain friends, soak up the sun, dip our toes in the pool and toast to making memories. While it’s always time for a refreshing cocktail we like to spice things up with easy-to-eat desserts that soaked in booze and pleasing for your palate.
Spiked Summer Shortcakes takes an already yummy dessert, strawberry shortcake then adds some fruity vodka soak the fruit in it for a while and booze up your ice cream sort of like our Boozy Blackberry Ice Cream we made previously. From there all you have to do is layer shortcake cookie crumbs, (We love Lorna Dunes for this!for the perfect shortcake flavor) sliced almonds, spiked fruit. The Vanilla Vodka added to the ice cream is just another layer of spiked amazingness.
- 1 Pint Vanilla Ice-cream
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup sliced peaches
- 2 Shots Vanilla Vodka
- 1/4 cup Strawberry or Peach Vodka
- Whipped Topping
- 1/4 cup Sliced Almonds
- 1/2 cup shortcake cookie crumbs
- Put Strawberries and Peaches into glass pan. Pour strawberry or peach vodka onto strawberries and peaches cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge while we make the ice cream.
- Allow pint of vanilla ice cream to soften. Put it into a medium bowl. Pour vodka into bowl and mix with ice cream thoroughly. Put back into pint and freeze for 1 hour.
- Take fruit out of refrigerator and ice cream out of freezer.
- Get your serving glasses out and layer one scoop of ice-cream with some sliced fruit and a spoonful of almonds and shortcake cookie crumbs. Continue until glass is full and put whip-cream on top.