There’s nothing better than hanging out with friends on the beach to relax on a warm summer evening. I always like to bring my Spiked Watermelon Lemonade with me to summer beach parties. This drink is light, refreshing and easy to make. You can also experiment with different fruits like blueberries, strawberries and raspberries instead of the watermelon. Get some friends together & some rum and let’s make this drink! The recipe below makes 12 servings.
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 cups cubed watermelon
- 3 cups ice cold water
- 1/2 cups fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 7 cups ice cubes
- 1 cup of your favorite rum
- Bring 1/2 sugar and 1/2 cup water to boil over medium-heat until sugar dissolves.
- Blend ice cubes, cubed watermelon, lemon juice and run in blender.
- Remove simple syrup from heat and mix in cold water into pitcher.
- Mix blended mixture into pitcher
- Stir and enjoy!
Whether you are heading to the beach, backyard barbecue or by the pool this drink is a definite crowd pleaser. Have fun experimenting with different fruits and let us know what delicious recipes you come up with!