Happy Monday Pretties! I have been reflecting on February and taking some time to enjoy the sweeter things in life. I recently came across a walnut bread recipe that I forgot about and decided it was time to bring it back. After making it I was SO happy that I did. This simple banana honey walnut bread is perfect in the mornings with a cup of coffee or for a brunch. I love the flavors and you control the honey glaze so you don’t have to add too much if you aren’t into super sweet things. The walnuts add the perfect crunch in this light and fluffy banana bread.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil (+ 1 tbsp for greasing pan)
- 2 tbsp buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 mashed bananas (ripe on the verge of turning brown)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tbsp of coffee or 1/2 tbsp of instant coffee powder + 3 tbsp hot water
- 1 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 cups chopped walnuts
- Whisk the large egg for the bread. Add sugar and mix.
- Add the oil, vanilla extract and buttermilk in.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well. It might look hard to mix, but it’s perfect!
- Mash the ripe bananas with a fork or a potato-masher and add it in.
- Mix in the chopped walnuts. Reserve some to top the bread with it.
- Transfer the batter into a greased 9 inch loaf pan. Throw on top the remaining chopped walnuts.
- Bake for 60 minutes (or longer) at 350°F in a pre-heated oven. Depending on the ripeness of the bananas it might take a bit longer, use a toothpick in the center to see if it comes out clean.
- For the glaze, whisk the honey, coffee,cinnamon powder use only half the quantity.
- Sprinkle the chopped walnuts on top.
- Once the baking is done, let the bread cool on a wired rack for 10-15 minutes. Enjoy!
Did you love the recipe? Make sure you share with friends!