Happy Monday my darling readers. Today I am sharing an extra special recipe with you. This creamy vegan asparagus soup is perfect for a cool winter day. It’s simple to make and absolutely delicious. One of my favorite stores had asparagus on sale so I whipped out one of my favorite recipes that I adapted from an amazing blog and decided today would be the perfect day to make it. So grab your asparagus and get ready to make a hearty, healthy soup!
- 2 pounds green asparagus
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 glove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegan margarine
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- ½ cup raw cashews, soaked in warm water for 1 hour (or ½ cup soy/almond milk)
- ¼ teaspoon fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- Cut asparagus into ½-inch pieces.
- In a large pot, heat coconut oil & margarine over medium-low heat, and cook the onion + garlic for a few minutes, until softened.
- Add asparagus pieces and salt and pepper to taste, then cook, stirring, 5 minutes. Add broth and simmer, covered, until asparagus is very tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add cashews and purée soup until smooth.
- Season with lemon juice, and salt and pepper.
Adapted from Vegangela.
Did you love the recipe? Make sure you share it with friends! If you make this recipe make sure you comment below telling me what you thought.