Today we are going to talk cupcakes, but not just any cupcakes- my favorite cupcakes. Classic Red Velvet Cupcakes is a recipe that my dear friend gave me. She used to own a wonderful cupcake shop in Oregon. After giving me this recipe I make it a few times a year. It’s definitely the best red velvet cupcake recipe I have ever had. It’s simple, sweet and perfect for Valentine’s day. Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and my daughter is having a party at school. We were searching for fun, tasty and festive recipe and of course this was the first thing that came to mind. Are you looking for a fun, festive and easy recipe to celebrate your love? Grab your cocoa and let’s get baking!
Classic Red Velvet Cupcakes
1. Preheat your oven to 350°. Cream butter at medium speed with until fluffy; add sugar slowly, being sure to mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing until blended after each addition. Mix in red food coloring and vanilla until smooth and blended.
2. Combine in the dry ingredients, cocoa, flour and salt.
3. Stir in vinegar, baking soda and buttermilk in a 4-cup liquid measuring cup. Don’t worry mixture is supposed to bubble
4. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
5. Beat slowly until completely mixed after each addition.
6. Add batter into cups, filling three-fourths full.
3. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Remove cupcakes from pans to wire racks, and let cool completely (about 45 minutes).
These cupcakes are delicious with a classic cream cheese frosting. I really wanted to showcase the cupcakes in this post so we stuck to minimal frosting.
If you love the recipe make sure you comment below and share with friends!