Happy Wednesday! My newest recipe involves two of my favorite things, vegan foods and crockpots. This Vegan Black Bean Soup can be cooking away in your crockpot while you’re working, dreaming big and making the most out of your life. This recipe is seriously so easy and packed with flavor. Enjoy it with your family on one of those chilly days when you would rather be snuggling up with a good book or movie than cleaning up after a cozy dinner.
VEGAN BLACK BEAN SOUP
- 2 onions, chopped fine
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons virgin, organic coconut oil
- 1 lbblack beans, soaked overnight, drained
- 2 quarts veggie stock
- 1 small tomato paste
- 1 celery, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Saute onions and garlic in butter.
- Combine with beans, celery, bay leaf, and 2 quarts vegetable stock + tomato paste in the Crock Pot.
- Cook on high, covered for 2 hours, then on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove bay leaf. Puree and return to pot.
- Add sherry, salt and pepper and heat through.
- Serve and enjoy.