Hello lovelies! We are halfway through the week and I don’t know about you, but I am craving a yummy, easy and healthy dinner tonight. I am sharing one of my favorite vegetarian kid-approved dishes. Vegetarian Baked Stuffed Tomatoes. This was adapted from a family recipe that wasn’t vegetarian friendly. I omitted the meat and added some extra flavor. This is a lot of fun to make, because it’s so simple I often have my kiddos help stuff the tomatoes. You can also have them sprinkle the cheese on top. I don’t know about you, but I am hungry so let’s get cooking!
VEGETARIAN BAKED STUFFED TOMATOES
- 8 large tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp. celery salt
- pinch garlic salt
- sliced bread
- 3/4 cup grated cheese
- 3 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp. butter
- worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Cut tops off tomatoes, scoop out centers. Sprinkle insides with
- mixture of celery and garlic salts. Turn upside down and let
- Soak bread in hot water, squeeze dry, place in bowl. Mix in
- grated cheese, parsley. Fill tomatoes with stuffing, replace tops.
- Melt butter, add worchestershire (dash), cornstarch blended with
- cream, lemon juice, sugar, 5 tbsp. water. Hat, don’t boil, pour
- around tomatoes. Cook at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- If you love the recipe make sure you share with friends.